Monday, February 11, 2008

Is an apple still an apple if it grows on a pear tree?

When thinking about this assignment, I initially found it quite hard to find something that moved me. I guess I either don't pay close enough attention or I'm completely jaded by my surroundings. However, I managed to land on a subject that has had the most impact in my life: music. I can't count how many memories and stories are tied to different songs and albums in my mind.

So with that in mind, I was going to assemble a collection of music videos and concert recordings to share with you.

None such luck...that would keep us here until next month or so.

Instead I focused on one event--a concert--in particular. The band Sigur Ros did a tour in 2005 supporting their Takk... album. For those who don't know who Sigur Ros is, they're a post-rock/ambient style band from Iceland.

Ever since that concert, Sigur Ros has come to embody everything that is beautiful and ethereal in my mind. I can be walking along and immediately something with catch my eye and their music will immediately start playing in my head.

It can get rather distracting.

I don't want to spend the time trying to describe the experience, so I found the most accurate video from that tour.



P.S. Sorry for the dumbass cliche "Music is the soundtrack to my life...!" post.

No comments: